Sunday, April 26, 2009

Who wants a sundae?!

For many people a sundae loaded with toppings is hard to resist.

I made these tasty sundaes for my kids one night. Topped them with caramel and chocolate sauce. Sprinkles, whipped cream, and a cherry.

The kids rushed to the table and were thrilled to find these tasty treats waiting for them.


Lexi was the first to dig into her sundae. She dipped her spoon in and before she took a bite.....

"Hey! This is mashed potatoes!"

Note the date on the picture. I wasn't home the night of April 1, so I did my April Fools the night after.

The kids weren't happy with me, especially Parker. They did get a real ice cream sundae, complete with all the toppings. But Parker was still bugged at me.

Just wait 'til next year my little pretties! Muwahahaha!

7 comments:

The Wheelers said...

That is so funny! None of my kids like mashed potatoes, but maybe with all that chocolate, whipped cream and sprinkles..... Too funny!!

Karen and Adam said...

That is sooo cool! I'm going to do it next year! I also love your story about Rob and his box!

The Geddes Family said...

Awesome!

The Stones said...

LOVE this! You're a riot. And way to go on the box! I know our hubbies appreciated it!

Lisa Sprague said...

Nice!!! I need to get more creative with my pranks.

Bonnie said...

hahah! That's awesome. I always revert to the dying the milk green-it's not that funny. This is way better.

Melanie said...

Funny!!!! I bet their little mouths were just watering for ice cream. Very tricky.