Monday, April 13, 2009

Opening Night!


As some of you know, tickets were painfully difficult to get.
My niece had one request for her Christmas present. Just one. That would be a ticket to Wicked.
The morning the tickets went on sale, I was on my computer, cell phone, and home phone while
trying to decorate Parker's birthday cake. Rob tried a couple of times at work on his computer.
My mom was also on her phone and computer. One sister (trying desperately to fulfill her daughter's wish) decided the night before that she was going to go stand in line at 3 am. Crazy, I know. Another sister and her hubby relieved her at about 6 am.
It was impossible to get through by phone. The website wasn't able to hold up to the crazy amount of insane people trying to get tickets (yes, me being one of them). The line was beyond outrageously long. People had camped out for who knows how long.
Chances weren't looking good.
I would get occasional texts from my sister.
"Is this really worth it?"
"We might be sitting alone."
Well, we were obviously successful in purchasing our tickets. By the time my sister got up to the counter our options were single seats, or the director's box.
Don't let that title fool you.
While the seats weren't fabulous, we had our own private "box" (with just a couple of other people) and had a fantastic time.

Me with 2 of my sisters, mom, and niece.


We started our night at the Blue Iguana, where we enjoyed a fabulous Mexican feast. The food was delicious and the service was fantastic. The Blue Iguana is well known for their many varieties of mole. After asking our waiter a couple of questions about different mole sauces, he kindly offered to bring us samples. Yes!

He presented us with a beautiful platter of assorted mole sauces to dip our fresh tortilla chips into. I'm so glad we sampled. The cocoa was too much in some, and others were too spicy. I was very pleased with my selection.

So the next time you go to the Blue Iguana, ask for a sample platter of mole sauces.


Our next stop, was of course Wicked!







The show was amazing. The characters mesmerizing. The costumes and stage compelling. The painful experience of acquiring tickets, well worth it.

7 comments:

The Stones said...

Ooh, I'm just aching reading this, I want to go back again SO bad! Wasn't it incredible? Sigh...

Katie Bell said...

L-O-V-E the baby bump.

The Wheelers said...

You look so cute with that little baby bump!! I am so jealous, of course, we didn't get tickets. Maybe next time right??

The Hiller Family said...

Yes, still JEALOUS!

Crystal said...

That rocks! They're coming to Denver in the fall! I want to go so bad. Maybe I will get lucky? haha. :]

Lisa Sprague said...

I'm jealous just like everyone else! Guess I'd better be on top of the craziness like you next year! :)

Celeste said...

Your such a hot momma!! How fun! Way to perservere (is that how you spell it).