Saturday, April 25, 2009

Done

Yes.

I finally got Rob's Valentines gift done. I gave it to him (just a month late) when he returned from a business trip.


I decorated the box and chipboard pages and listed some things that I love about my Rob.

I can't take credit for the idea. Some girls in the neighborhood get together and this was one of the projects.

As we were making our love boxes, we exchanged ideas on how well received our boxes were going to be by our hubby's. Some girls thought their husband would respond something like this, "This is nice honey, but what am I going to do with it?"

I knew Rob would appreciate the gift, but didn't know just how much.

Rob has the box of love on his nightstand next to his bed.

One morning Rob asked me, "When did you put the box on my pillow?"

Huh?

Me: "What box?"

Rob: "The box you gave me. I woke up in the middle of the night and it was on my pillow."

Hehe.

Me: "That's funny, but I have no idea what you're talking about. I heard you rummaging over there in the middle of the night and just thought you were doing something with your alarm clock."

The conversation continued, he was difficult to convince that I really didn't place the love box on his pillow.

He then asked the kids individually if they did it.

Nope.

I truly find it hard to believe that one of the kids woke up in the middle of the night, came into our room without waking us up and placed the box on Rob's pillow. I know for certain that I did not do it. Sorry honey, that leaves YOU!

Which leads me to conclude, that Rob treasures his box of love, even more than I would have imagined.

2 comments:

The Wheelers said...

How funny! I don't think Ryan has looked at his again since the first time I gave it to him. I told him if he REALLY wanted to he could make me one...he he he.

The Hiller Family said...

That's a great story! He LOVES his box way more than my husband! I love how it turned out for you!