Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Oh baby!

I really didn 't mean to drag on the result and keep you all in suspense for quite this long. My apologies!

Pink or blue, you ask?

For now, our Peanut is PINK!

As I mentioned previously, the doc is 97% sure the baby is a girl. To be safe, we have explained to the kids that there is a possiblity that the doc will discover the baby is a boy.

Parker was hoping for a boy, "to gang up on Lexi". Lex was, of course, wanting a sister. And I think Dyl was following Parker's lead.

I wanted to share the exciting news with the kids in a fun way. My sister suggested an Easter egg hunt. Fabulous idea!

We spelled out "It's a girl!" and put each letter in a plastic egg.


Parker and Lexi unscrambled the letters while Dyl watched.

When they discovered what it said, Parker quietly expressed a little disappointment, Lexi smiled big and Dyl was just enjoying his tasty sucker.

I was recording this and asked Dyl, "Do you understand what is going on?"

His reaction was hilarious. Hopefully tonight, Rob can help me figure out how to post the clip from our camcorder.

We are so excited to welcome a new baby into our family. I'm loving the butterfly movements I feel in my tummy that are becoming more frequent and enjoying thinking PINK.

7 comments:

The Hiller Family said...

That was a fun idea! I'd love to see the video!!

Karen and Adam said...

What a fun way to tell your kids! And I love that you call Parker "P Diddy." You guys are so fun!

The Geddes Family said...

Congrats! I am jealous you are having another girl!

Angie said...

Congratulations Donigans! So excited for Lexi and for the boys to have another sister to adore.

Melanie said...

What a cute way to tell your kids! I was totally team Lexi....girls need sisters.

The Stones said...

Yay! Girls rule. I'm so glad Lex gets a sister to even the numbers. What a creative way to tell your kiddos! Now you need to come make hair bows!!

Celeste said...

Yeah for Pink!!! Jamie I am so excited for you. I can't wait to see you!!