Happy Happy Birthday to our sweet little Dyl Pickle!
Dylan turned the big 3 on May 25th. My sis-in-law gave me this great idea for his "cake". I filled the back of the dump truck with the kid friendly worms in dirt dessert (brownie pieces in chocolate pudding, topped with crushed oreo cookies to look like "dirt", with gummie worms crawling out of the "dirt"). It was fun and easy and a fabulous idea. I do have two suggestions for those who want to try it for their own kiddo:1)Create some type of a stopper for the back of the truck. Maybe cardboard wrapped in tin foil. The pudding was slowly oosing out the back of the truck. Comical, but not so pretty. 2) I made the mistake of using store brand pudding. Stick with the Jello brand! The few extra cents is worth it. I'm sure the kids who had it didn't mind, but some adults did have some as well. No one complained, but when I tasted it, I was unhappy with the quality of the pudding.
On Saturday May 24, Rob and I took the kids to The Living Planet Aquarium in Sandy.
Dylan was very excited to find Nemo!
coral reef.
These are some of the magnificent creatures we enjoyed watching at the aquarium.
An eel.
Two different species of beautiful jelly fish.
On our way home we stopped in nearby Kaysville for a birthday dinner at......
DYLAN'S!
Saturday was a great fun filled day. Dylan zonked out with his package sent from Hawaii by Grandpa Donigan. He couldn't wait to open it. He kept calling it his "surprise box". Only his word for surprise was "cumprise". Very sweet boy.
On Sunday, Dyl's actual birthday, there was a family get together at my parents house. My sister and her two kids were visiting from Oregon and we celebrated all of the family May birthdays. While most of us were downstairs laughing hysterically at old family movies, Dylan was indulging in this luscious fluffy white frosting. His uncle caught him in the act and then went downstairs to report the great fun Dyl was having. I have to agree with Dyl, this fluffy white frosting is very irresistible!
No comments:
Post a Comment