Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Dylan's World

LONG AGO, our friends Becca and little Owen tagged Dylan, through me so everyone can take a peek inside Dyl's world. I thought just having celebrated his birthday, this would be a good time to look inside our sweet boy's world.

Our Dyl Pickle is always producing laughs from us whether it be from what he says, does, or even a simple look. Sometimes he makes us laugh on purpose, but often times it just happens. He's full of fun little antics.


The day before Dyl's birthday, I asked him what his favorite breakfast was and told him we could make it in the morning. Dyl said, "Fish." I look at him to see if he was serious. He has a blank look on his face. I said, "Dyl, you don't like fish." A huge smile stretches across his face and we all begin to laugh.




One day I was asking Rob a question and called him "Love". I usually call him "Babe" but this time it was "Love". Dyl looks at me and says, "Mom, Daddy's not Love." I said, "He's not? Then who is he?" Dyl's reply, "He's just Rob!"


Rob was doing Dylan's hair one Sunday before church using mousse to style it. As Rob is squirting the mousse into his hand and placing it in Dyl's hair, Dylan says, "Dad, is that whipt cream?" Rob-"Yup!"




One busy morning, I was frantically getting ready in my bathroom. Dylan quietly comes in, pulls open a drawer and pulls out two q tips. He carefully sticks one in each ear and turns to me, "Mom look! I'm Shrek the 3rd!" (He always refers to Shrek as "Shrek the 3rd" not just Shrek.)


I very much needed that laugh!









As we were driving in the car to Lexi's preschool one morning, Dylan made Lexi and I laugh. I said to him, "Dyl, you are a crack up!" Dyl-"No Mom. I'm TWO crack ups!"

Often times, Lexi and Dyl like to eat spaghetti noodles with melted cheese on top for lunch. One afternoon after eating this, Dylan tells me he's done. Now, Dylan is not a good eater. I look into his bowl and his noodles are all gone! I get very excited and then look in his lap. He really did eat a lot of noodles, however, there were also many in his lap. I show Dyl his lap full of noodles and I reach down to clean them off. Dyl bursts out, "No Mom! Don't clean up the snakes! They are going to eat you!" I love his imagination.

Dylan loves the typical little boy things. Balls, cars, and his train set will keep him entertained for a long time. Here are some funny action shots. Rob and Dyl were playing catch at one of Parker's baseball games.


I love the look Dylan gets in the summer time. The sun bleaches his hair to a lighter blonde with natural highlights and his skin becomes beautifully sun kissed. Dylan tranforms into our little beach boy. I love to hear his little giggle. It is very contagious. Dyl is a fun little snuggler and loves to cuddle up with you to read a book. Dylan loves to dance and has no hesitation in doing so. He and Lexi often times put on some music and dance, dance, dance. Dyl does has some awesome dance moves.


Dylan decided to decorate his face for Cinco de Mayo--with marker.



Our sweet Dylan isn't of course always so sweet. He has his difficult moments and does his fair share of pouting.

This is just a taste of our scrumptious Dyl Pickle. We are so in love with Dylan! Dyl is very good natured and has a fun personality. He lights up our days and brings sun into our home and we are so grateful he is ours. How did we get so lucky?

No comments: