My kids are spoiled with many good breakfasts a week.
I am not a fan of cereal every morning.
Plus
I have a great husband who is so good to make
several
yummy breakfasts a week.
On weekday mornings,
he whips up the batter for waffles, pancakes, or french toast
so it's ready for me to cook up for the kids.
I, of course, sneak the white wheat in the batter before I cook them.
On weekends,
the hubs makes yummy breakfasts like
coffee cake,
danish puff,
breakfast burritos,
aebleskivers,
and then some!
***
My kids often times resist the scrumptious
waffles,
pancakes,
and
french toast.
WHAT??!!
I understand the same foods get boring
BUT
we are only talking once a week people!!
Is it so much to ask my children to eat waffles
ONCE
a
week????
***
One morning last week, Lexi is in a huff and says,
"UGH! There is nothing to eat for breakfast!"
She was all sorts of huffy and puffy.
I even offered her
CeREaL!!
She continued to be huffy and puffy.
I reminded her of the poor, devastating, tragedy that the people in Japan are going through.
MANY
who truly have
NOTHING
to EAT!
She decided to be quiet.
Went to the fridge
and
BEHOLD!
found something to eat.
***
I made an attempt to reinvent my children's weekday breakfasts for them.
Make the waffles, pancakes, and french toast....with a twist.
Presenting.....
Coconut Syrup
I found a similar recipe online and tweaked it to my liking.
1 can coconut milk (next time I'll try light)
1/2-3/4 cup sugar (just depends on how sweet you want it)
1 t cornstarch
coconut extract
Combine coconut, cornstarch, and sugar in a pan.
Bring to a boil.
Reduce to simmer.
Simmer 20 min.
Add a couple of drops of coconut extract.
***
The sugar, cornstarch, and extract can all be tweaked with.
Remember the cornstarch will cause it to thicken as it sits.
This syrup can be added to lots of other things.....
steamers,
ice cream (think Samoa ice cream, yum),
Italian cream sodas.....
experiment with it...
YUM.
***
Thankfully the syrup has been a hit.
Except,
Dylan....
Dylan, Dylan, Dylan.
He likes it plain.
But not on his food.
1 comment:
what time do you eat? I'll be right over! SOoooo my favorite meal of the day. However I have been loving Oatmeal Land for a while and have no desire to leave just yet.
Post a Comment