Saturday, March 5, 2011

Saturday is...

Way too short!
I always have grand plans for Saturdays.
I'm always going to get so much done!
I need to start to make these plans less grand.
I just get frustrated!
***
On a funner note....
last weekend I went on a date with my lover.
YES, it's true.
A rare and much needed
DATE!

We met one of Rob's college buddies at an Italian restaurant in downtown Salt Lake.
My favorite food of the night...
roasted acorn squash
tiramisu
chocolate hazelnut mousse cake
YUM!

I am so grateful for friends who will swap kids with us.
How does anyone afford to pay babysitters
and
pay for a date?

***
Yesterday, was Pdiddy's maturation program at school.
Yikes.
He can't be that old already.
I am grateful for a loving husband who took time off work to go with Parker.
Parker seemed to handle it well.
I've been pleasantly surprised with how open he is with matters like this.
Don't get me wrong,
he gets embarrassed.
But he talks to me openly about it.
Love that.
***
Rob calls me from the school after the program
and tells me
he is going to check Parker out early.
What?
Why?
"Just because," he says.
They come home and Parker has the hood from his shirt on with his head hung down.
Rob says,
"So Parker had a hard time with all that information."
What?
SIKE!
They both bust out laughing.
Thanks boys.
Apparently, the guy presenting the program urged the dad's to take their sons to lunch.
It was early out day anyway and Parker's teacher was great with it.
So off they went to lunch.
***
Speaking of Parker....
he doesn't like to bring his friends to our house.
WHAT?!
Who wouldn't want to come to my house? :)
He has one friend that has
EVERYTHING!
So of course he would rather go to his house.
PDiddy claims there is nothing fun to do at our house.
Well, I am determined to help Parker find fun at our house
and help him WANT to bring his friends over.
I want to know his friends.
I want them all to feel comfortable in our home.
I came up with a plan.
Fun Friday
Once I talked to the kids about this, they were excited.
Parker even helped plan.
They each got to invite a friend over.
We had snacks and goodies.
We arranged a Donigan Wipe Out course
in our back yard.
(like the tv show, exactly like the tv show--ya right)





Please excuse our sad dead plants in the garden.
Since Rob traveled lots in the fall, fall clean up was neglected.











LOTS of fun!
I beat Rob.
It's true.
He accuses me of cheating.
Quite frankly,
it is difficult to get a large body on a small bouncy ball
and
bounce around other balls.
I still won. :)

The menu:
pizza rolls
sliced apples drizzled with milk and white chocolate
(A Lexi specialty)
coconut oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
capri suns
****
Our little Miss loves to be outside!





***
After Donigan Wipe Out,
we loaded in the car and headed to my Gram's house.
She is so good to always send birthday and Christmas cards
with money.
And she always signs them with
Love, Gram.
I was sad I didn't bring my camera.
Next time!
***
Today,
Rob and P met up with an Arizona co-worker to hit the slopes.
Lexi took all.day.long to do her chores, as usual.
Ali did not take an afternoon nap.
I tried 3 times.
She's not feeling great.
I did not get everything done on my to do list.
Lex and Dyl played with friends.
We all went to a baptism (click to find out more)
which I was asked to speak at on the
Holy Ghost (click to find out more).
I am very blessed to have the Holy Ghost in my life.
Thanks to my loving parents who helped me embrace my religion.
Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

Becca said...

Love catching up with the Donigans. You have the cutest family. I miss them so... I have a few more comments, but I will leave those for when we chat next.