Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Cinco de Mayo

Gotta love the red tongues and mustaches!

In Colorado, we would celebrate Cinco de Mayo with some friends. Sometimes at a park with a pinata and sometimes at the fabulous host home of the Scotts. Where ever it was, whatever we did, there was always good food and a lot of smiles.

This year I decided to carry on the tradition with my own lil' fam. We didn't have a pinata or festive music, just good food. We enjoyed local tamales, quesadillas filled with chicken, black beans and corn (both Rob and I agreed that the corn, from my father's field to my freezer, was the bang in the quesadillas), spanish rice (made by my sis-in-law), complete with homemade guacamole and homemade salsa . Oh yes, and I can't forget the Barrilitos to wash it all down with. For dessert, the kids enjoyed rolled tortillas brushed with butter and baked in cinnamon and sugar, and I baked my first flan. Tasty!

Next year, my dear CO friends, please join us for our Cinco de Mayo fiesta at our house!

1 comment:

Celeste said...

So your birthday is next week, have you decided where you want to go for dinner!!! We love you Jamie!!