Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mother's Day


Another Mother's Day has come and gone. Every year, I become more grateful for the opportunity I have to be a mom. Every year, I become more grateful for my beautiful children. They are each so different and have their own little way of spicing up my life. My heart holds a separate special place for each one of them.

Every year, I also become more grateful for my own mother and her many years of sacrifices on my behalf. As I experience the world of being a mother, I understand a little bit more (just a little bit) about what she experienced raising seven children of her own.

Every year, I also become more grateful for my mother-in-law. She, also a mother of seven, is filled with wisdom that I hope to achieve some day. I hope I can be as successful in raising a wonderful son and future husband as she did for me.

This quote from the precious Marjorie Hinckley sums it up well.

“I don’t want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes…and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp…I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping weed someone’s garden. I want to be there with children’s sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really there, and that I really lived.”

Amen and Hallelujah!

1 comment:

Becca said...

thanks for the pres. hinkley quote. I needed it today!