When I opened the front door and walked into the house, I hear a group of people in my kitchen singing, "Happy Birthday to you.............." My wonderful Roberto had organized a surprise birthday party for me!
I walked out the back door with our friends to see that Rob had put up some festive birthday decorations. We grilled delicious food and chatted. Rob even planned a couple of fun games. The first one we did was for the kids. The good ol' eat a donut off a string game.
Parker and Lexi attacked their yummy morsels up quickly without wasting any time.
And then there was our sweet little Dyaln. At first he just looked at his donut, not sure if he even wanted to attempt it. Dyl just kind of watched everyone else and would stare at his donut periodically. When asked if he wanted to eat his donut he would shake his head no.
We started moving on to the next game and I looked over at Dyl and saw that he had finally decided to give it a try.
I, of course, grabbed my camera and ran over to capture the moment. And I'm so happy I did! Dyl enjoyed every second of it. And so did I.
Rob also organized a Family Feud game. It was so much fun! As if that wasn't enough planning on Rob's part, he also made a dessert for the winning family to take home. Impressive!
Next, on the following day, comes Mother's Day. Rob treated me to waffles with strawberries and whipped cream. That afternoon we went to his mom's house where he made us a delicious London Broil dinner.
Wait......I'm not quite done yet. For my birthday, on Tuesday, Rob made me strawberry crepes for breakfast, leaving for work a few minutes later than usual. AND he made a scrumptious key lime pie from scratch for my birthday pie/cake. Yes, it's true. He really did all this for me.
A BIG THANKS to my very thoughtful husband! Sorry ladies.............................he's mine. All mine!
2 comments:
You better watch out with posts like these. I've been threatened after bragging about Erik. These kind of posts make other husbands look bad....really bad ;)
Miss you!
Are you sure this is the same guy I grew up with? Maybe having two older sisters finally paid off, but for you and not for us! Makes me proud. Thanks for inviting us to your blog.
CarrieLyn
Post a Comment