What's with the name?
The name Aliyah (ah LEE yah) has a few different origins; Hebrew, Arabic, and Swahili. My favorite meaning is from Swahili which is "exalted".
Most people know that Rob is from Hawaii. A couple of his siblings have Hawaiian middle names. We liked the idea!
Leilani (lay-LAH-nee) is a compound Hawaiian name. Lani meaning heavenly, spiritual, majesty and lei which is of course a garland or necklace of flowers: hence "heavenly flower".
We welcomed Aliyah into the world on Thursday, August 20 at 5:20 pm. Two weeks early! Today (Sept 4) was actually my official due date. No complaints here!
We welcomed Aliyah into the world on Thursday, August 20 at 5:20 pm. Two weeks early! Today (Sept 4) was actually my official due date. No complaints here!
Daddy enjoying some quiet time with our little lady before the visitors started to arrive.

Parker, Lexi, and Dylan were SO excited to meet their new little sis. They were beaming. I was beaming watching them.
Throughout my pregnancy, all three of the kids found a name that they loved and wanted to name their new sister (besides Peanut). The name that Parker fell in love with was actually quite fitting for him. Are you ready for this............Parker wanted to name his new sister Blaze. Sounds like the name of a basketball team, or a race horse. Doesn't it?

Alexia has been so EXCITED for this moment. When she could finally have a sister!
Rob and Lex were looking at baby names on the computer one day and they came across the name........Aliyah. They both liked the name. This became Lexi's top pick. Right there next to Parker's "Blaze" and Dylan's "Rock Star".
Delivery day comes. Rob and I are in the hospital. Our sweet baby girl is born. We still don't have a name. Aliyah was on the list of three names we considered. (No, the other two were not Blaze and Rock Star.) We didn't finalize until the next day. Aliyah Leilani Donigan. We are pleased. :)
As for nick names, she already has several. Rob likes to call her "Ali" (i.e. Allie). Parker claimed he was going to call her "Blaze", but hasn't happened much. Lexi often calls her "Li Li" (lee lee). Dylan has pretty much stuck to "Aliyah". My nick names consist of Ali, Love and Little Lady.
Aliyah did not enjoy her first "sponge" bath. Do they ever?


The nurse brought our perfectly smelling sweet treasure back to us all snuggled up, burrito style, with a pretty pink bow in her hair.
Parker, Lexi, and Dylan were SO excited to meet their new little sis. They were beaming. I was beaming watching them.
Parker actually got this name from my friend (thanks A LOT Sarah H.;)). Apparently her dad wanted to name her Blaze. She shared the story with Parker and he, of course, thought that it was the coolest name ever.
Then we have sweet Dylan.
Then we have sweet Dylan.
He looks up at me with an "AH HA! I got it!" look on his face. Then he says, "Rock Star! Mom, that is what we should name the baby, Rock Star!"
How could I not chuckle at that one?!
It gets better.
Dyl was at the doctor's office with Rob, Aliyah and I. He asks me, "Mom, what's Aliyah's middle name?"
I answer, "Leilani."
Dyl sweetly replies, "So can her last name be Rock Star?"
I tried to nicely explain to Dyl, without crushing him, that her last name is the same as the rest of ours.
Oh, how I love this boy!
Next, we have our lovely Lexi.
Alexia has been so EXCITED for this moment. When she could finally have a sister!
Rob and Lex were looking at baby names on the computer one day and they came across the name........Aliyah. They both liked the name. This became Lexi's top pick. Right there next to Parker's "Blaze" and Dylan's "Rock Star".
Delivery day comes. Rob and I are in the hospital. Our sweet baby girl is born. We still don't have a name. Aliyah was on the list of three names we considered. (No, the other two were not Blaze and Rock Star.) We didn't finalize until the next day. Aliyah Leilani Donigan. We are pleased. :)
As for nick names, she already has several. Rob likes to call her "Ali" (i.e. Allie). Parker claimed he was going to call her "Blaze", but hasn't happened much. Lexi often calls her "Li Li" (lee lee). Dylan has pretty much stuck to "Aliyah". My nick names consist of Ali, Love and Little Lady.
Aliyah did not enjoy her first "sponge" bath. Do they ever?
The nurse brought our perfectly smelling sweet treasure back to us all snuggled up, burrito style, with a pretty pink bow in her hair.
13 comments:
Yay, let me be the first to say, congratulations. She is precious. Please hold her double time, for me. Since I won't see her for a little while. I love the name stories. Owen and Dyl were cracked from the same mold, hair and funny sayings. Thank you for sharing Jamie. Love you!
Oh I love it!! I had no idea Parker was so attached to Blaze, I'll have to let my dad know! He'll be so happy to know that someone else shares his love of that name ;) Jamie she is such a beautiful baby and I think Aliyah is a perfect name. I'm so happy for your family.
Holy cow, Jamie! She is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Seriously, she is soooo pretty! Is this what all of your babies look like? Her little nose is absolutely perfect! Congratulations...I'm so happy for you! I LOVE the Blaze and Rockstar stories!
Jamie - your whole post made me smile. You guys have such a sweet little family. I love her beautiful name and I love that you guys let Lexi help you pick it. She is so dang cute!!! But the question is.....where is Jamie???? I am pretty sure you had to be there. I think we need to see a pic of the "new" mommy. ;)
Congratulations Jamie!!!! She is beautiful, you sure do know how to make CUTE kids!! I hope I get to see you sooner than later:)
She is such a beautiful baby! Congrats on such a sweet, cute family! I especially love her name. :)
Congratulations guys! She is precious, of course, and I'm glad her siblings are pleased! Thanks for sharing :)
Congrats! She is beautiful!
Congratulations Donigans, she's very pretty and looks like she fits in beautifully with your family.
Such a lovely addition to your sweet family. I LOVE the beautiful name!
CONGRATULATIONS DONIGAN FAMILY!!! She is a beautiful baby to join the rest of your beautiful family. I am so happy for you all. I absolutely LOVE her name, so elegant...and it shortens so well :)
I tried to name my littlest brother Jem...after the cartoon with the flashing earrings...didn't fly with my family either...so, Parker and Dylan, I feel for you buds!
She's gorgeous, Jamie! Congratulations!!! I love the name you picked out!
It was also fun to hear the names the boys came up with. What a fun memory for their new sister.
Oh Jamie, she is beautiful. We are so happy for you guys. LOVE her name. Congrats!!
Post a Comment