It's tradition for Rob and I to each take an anniversary to plan (usually keeping it a surprise) and we alternate each year. This arrangement has worked out very nicely for us.
A couple of times, I've been swooped away for a surprise over night get-away. Sometimes it's been a very enjoyable evening of dinner and a movie.
One of our most memorable anniversaries was 2 years ago, September 2007. We had just moved to our current home the month before. I was in charge of the planning this particular year. The plan was to go on a family bike ride to a nearby park, then to a mini church carnival. The next day, we were going to bring the kids to my sister's to stay the night and enjoy a pleasant romantic day at Temple Square alone, with out our precious children.
On Friday, September 14, Rob, the kids and I set off on our family bike ride. We arrived at the park and enjoyed family time there. Unfortunately, that's where the fun ends.
We didn't make it to the church carnival that night. The kids didn't stay the night at my sister's house so that Rob and I could enjoy our romantic day together.
You see, there was an accident at the park.
Rob just happened to break his collarbone while doing a jump on his bike. That put a quick end to our weekend of celebrating.
This year there were no broken bones or misfortunes. With a new baby to love, we didn't have any big plans. In fact, sadly, we aren't even together on our anniversary. Rob had to leave town for a business trip.
However, Rob's mom planned to come for a visit on Saturday so we used that opportunity to escape for a couple of hours to see a matinee. Yes, we actually left all 4 kids!
We ventured out and enjoyed watching this movie together.
Then we returned home to grill some hamburgers and enjoy tasty smores with our kiddos.The kids produced a fabulous photo shoot.........
What's a family photo shoot without at least one silly picture?
Our low key celebration turned out to be just perfect. Rob and I had some fabulous alone time, and then got to celebrate with our beloved children. After all, our life, our marriage, would be so different without these little amazing souls.
It was a Happy Anniversary indeed. I'm looking forward to many more......
1 comment:
Happy Anniversary Donigans!!!
Post a Comment