Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tonights family entertainment.......

Tonight before dinner, I had to dash to the porcelain throne.

The kids followed me .

Their conversation went something like this. Warning! It may be too much info for some.

Parker: "Are you OK Mama?"

Dylan: "Is she throwing up?"

Parker: "Be quiet, Dylan." He actually said it sincerely and was trying to provide some peace for me.

Lexi: "Yup, she's throwing up. What's in there?" Inquiring about the contents in the toilet.

Dylan: "What is that?" As he points into the toilet. "Is that blood?"

Lexi: "Yup! I've never seen anyone throw up blood before!"

Me, when I had a second to force some words out, I quietly squeaked: "It's licorice." I couldn't let them think I threw up blood now, could I?

Lexi: "Oh ya, Mom ate some licorice."

Lexi and Parker left the bathroom.

Dyl: In a very sweet voice, "You don't feel very well do you Mom?"

Is it that obvious?

Forget American Idol. What did your family do for fun tonight?

9 comments:

Becca said...

Oh my gosh, that's hilarious. You poor thing. I'm laughing so hard about this. I can just imagine everyone huddled around examining the contents of the puke so seriously. Thank you for sharing.

The Wheelers said...

OH I SO feel for you! Morning (all day) sickness is NO fun!! Please call me if you are having a rough day and need me to watch your kids!!

The Stones said...

Jamie, one of my favorite posts! Not because you're sick, poor thing, but because you still see the humor in miserable situations. It's very Jamie-esk! Love you!

The Geddes Family said...

Hilarious! I hate being prego that is one of the reasons I am done having kids. I sure hope you start feeling better. At least you have helpers and good sense of humor.

Melanie said...

Wow, you are a really great writer. I could totally picture everything you said. I think I'm feeling a little sick now. LOL!!!

The Hiller Family said...

Ha ha! For fun we watched Americas Funniest Videos--- we got annoyed with American Idol!!
Sorry you lost your licorice!!
Let me know if you need anything!

The Hiller Family said...

I'm glad I can proudly pass the throne to you! I (knock on wood) don't need it for that purpose anymore!!

Karen and Adam said...

Oh Jamie! I'm laughing so hard! But I'm feeling so bad for you too! I don't think I've ever had anybody analyze my puke before.

Alex, JJ, Zac...The Lorenzen's said...

Oh my gosh...I wish we could have recorded that. Soooo FUNNY! I hope you start feeling better, but I am so excited that you are pregnant.