Thursday, March 26, 2009

Reflections of a 3 yr old

Dyl and I stopped to get gas after dropping the kids off at school this morning. As we waited in the car, Dylan was observing some birds flying in the sky. We watched them glide back and forth.

The gas pump clicked off. I got back into the car and started driving.

Dyl proclaims, "Angels are BIG!"

What?

I asked, "How do you know that, Dyl?"

Dylan responds in a matter of fact tone, "Because I've seen them before."

This is getting interesting.

"You have? When?"

With enthusiasm Dyl says, "Daddy's an angel!"


Hmmm.

"What makes you think Daddy's an angel?"

"Because he's BIG!"

There you have it. We are fortunate to have a BIG angel right in our home. I believe in angels, but I had no idea we had one living with us!

5 comments:

MadMadameMim said...

so sweet!

The Hiller Family said...

I think Dylan is an angel! Check out how cute he is in his picture!
That is a great story!

Karen and Adam said...

That is so stinkin' cute!!!

Becca said...

xoxoxoxoxo to Dyl. I can't wait to squeeze him. Wow, and we have to honor of seeing the giant Angel again!

Melanie said...

Don't you wish you could get inside their heads... I love it.