Monday, March 16, 2009

Do you see what I see?


Buds on our flowering pear tree............

The first signs of tulips and daffodils..............

Spring is coming!
Spring fever is biting at my toes.

Even my kids show signs of the fever.

A couple of weeks ago, Lexi asked me, "Mom, can me and Dylan have a picnic on the front lawn?" Sure!

She made them both peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, gathered a basket and blanket and off they went.
They picnicked next to the last snow pile.




The other day, Dyl brought me his lunch box and said, "Mom, can you make me a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and put it in my lunch box?" Sure!

After I handed him his lunch box complete with his PBJ, he helped himself to a baggie (Great Value brand of course);) and put one oreo cookie in it, followed by one girl scout cookie. Then he said, "OK Mom. Let's go to the park."

How could I resist that?


We did, at least, wait for Lexi to get home from school.

It was brisk and windy, but that didn't stop them.


The fun continued after we got home. Out came the beloved pinwheels, pillows and blankets.

Bring on the fun.

Bring on spring!

7 comments:

Becca said...

I love Dyl's hair. Please don't cut it before you come to see us!

Celeste said...

I miss you guys. I'm so excited to see you memorial day weekend. You guys are so cute.

The Geddes Family said...

Yeah spring!

The Hiller Family said...

You've done so much outside already! I'm so thrilled it's here!! I love Spring!

Corinn and Trent Seely said...

Jamie- I saw your name on Celeste and Brian's blog page and knew it was you! It was so fun to see how time has passes for you. Your family is so cute! Are you glad to be back in UT? We have 4 kids total now, Lexi 8 1/2, Ethan 7, Gavin 4 1/2 and Tess 7 weeks. We miss Colorado Springs, but love Virginia! Our blog is trentcorinnseely.blogspot.com
Take CARE!!! Corinn

Nate and Camie said...

I'm so excited for spring. It was great to talk to you a bit at Enrichment Night. I read a little bit about your pregnancy. That's exciting. I'm so sorry you don't feel well. I was sick 3 just months. I think I would die if I was sick the entire 9 months. Hang in there.

The Stones said...

Aww, I love it! I think Kallie's little face is sunburned today...bad mom moment but SO glad the sun's here!