Thursday, November 20, 2008

It's a wrap up!

Rob thinks I'm over-doing it with the Hawaii pics. While some of you may be tired of them, I think that as a family, we'll enjoy looking at every single one of these pictures for years to come. So hang on, while we go on one last Hawaii spin!
Something I like to do when we go to Hawaii is to peruse the grocery store shelves to see what fun treasures I can find that I can't find on the mainland.
Hawaiian chocolates, coconut syrup, and haupia and guava yogurt...yum! These were a few of my finds this trip.



Some people would be surprised at the kind of animals you come across in Hawaii. There were stray cats running around Iao Valley. Wild chickens (yes, that's what that blur is) surrounding the Kaumana Caves hiding in all of the trees and making lots of noise.


The small black dots near the ocean are cows. I say lucky cows at that to be roaming next to the ocean!




For whatever reason, SUV's were cheaper to rent than mini vans. We enjoyed this Aspen while on the Big Island and a Durango while on Maui. They were very nice and fun to drive, but I was happy to discover that I like my mini van much better than SUV's! Not only because mini vans are more economical, but I feel they are more family friendly. I missed my automatic doors (to name just one)!



The plants and flowers in Hawaii are always so fun to explore. So many beautiful things to look at!







The signage in Hawaii is fun to see.



This one is a favorite!


Mahalo for enduring all of our Hawaii pictures!


Aloha!

4 comments:

The Hiller Family said...

I don't mind the Hawaii pictures at all! Keep posting more if you'd like bcause they are great!

MadMadameMim said...

I've always loved the signs as well. And yeah lucky cows. If you have to be raised to be butchered for food what better place to do it than in Hawaii.
We have got to make it back to Maui, it's my favorite and I miss it.

Diana said...

Thanks for sharing all your fun Hawaii pictures. It is making me want to make a trip there even more. I'm glad your family had such a fun trip.

LuAnn said...

How fun. btw I'd take a mini van over an SUV any day. The thing that makes me mad is that some of them cost just as much as SUVs! I guess they are the cool thing.