Sunday, October 5, 2008

Find joy in the journey.....today!

Like many others of the LDS faith, for me, General Conference weekend is a time of inspiration and renewing. (What's General Conference? Go to http://http//mormon.org/mormonorg/eng/basic-beliefs/glossary/glossary-definition/general-conference to find out!)


President Monson's talk on finding joy in our daily life matched recent thoughts and feelings I have been having. He stated, "Let us relish life as we live it." My kids are not going to be little for much longer. Most days, I want them to freeze at the age they are right now.


Of course, there are moments (far too many!) when I wish I could have some time by myself, away from them to collect my sanity. And yes sadly, there are times during each day that it is hard to remember how blessed I am. When I feel like I'm drowning in dishes and laundry. When I'm unsuccessfully trying to be the referee. When I twist my ankle after stepping on a toy that was left on the stairs. When I want my ears to stop hearing the constant, "Mom. Hey, Mom. Right, mama? MMMMOOOOMMMM!" and other constant chaos.


Nonetheless, I am fully aware of the treasures my children are. I am very blessed to have three physically and mentally healthy children in my life. And a loving husband who finds tremendous joy in these three treasures and whom is very much involved in their lives.
Life is good.

8 comments:

Becca said...

Amen Jamie. Thanks for posting more stuff with cute pictures and cute stories. I miss you guys so much. I am feeling much better by the way and will be calling you this week. Wait by the phone ;)

Bruce and Mitzi said...

So true! I LOVED that talk too. Bruce & I sat with tears in our eyes listening to him talk about how quickly these years will pass. We are so blessed!

Alex, JJ, Zac...The Lorenzen's said...

Wise words...very wise words! :)

The Stones said...

Hey, we DO think alike! Maybe that's why we get along so well! :) Very true words, I AGREE!

The Hiller Family said...

Jamie... I forgot to tell you last night at YW that I checked out your blog from Brooke's blog! So cute! I am not officially your blogger "follower"!! I hope that is okay! Here is our blog as well:
http://joshuaheidihiller.blogspot.com/

The Hiller Family said...

oops! I meant now, not ... not!
I will faithfully be your blog follower!

Karen and Adam said...

Hello Donigans! It's the Jensens! Your blog is so fun! It's fun to see these pictures of your neat family! If you ever want to check our blog out, send your email to adam2karen@aol.com, we'll send you an invite. :)

nena said...

Of course great minds think alike!! Love your blog, how are things? When are we doing another girls get together? Everyone should come to Vegas this time!!!!