Sunday, November 28, 2010

One of my faves...

The Nutcracker!


Today, Alexia and I met Gma Akina (Rob's mom recently remarried!!) for a fabulous time.

The Nutcracker has become a yearly tradition, that I love.


We go to this beautiful theatre....



Ellen Eccles





Complete with an orchestra pit!



Then we always follow up with a good ol' fashion treat at...



My oh-so-lady-like daughter, thoroughly enjoyed her banana split.
My mom would tell me I deserve a not so lady like daughter...










On the way home, in our comfy toasty van, Lexi asks,


"Mom, how old do you have to be to date?"


"16."


"Wow!"

Hmm. What's the wow about?


"Parker will be able to date in 5yrs!"

Please don't remind me.



"How old do you have to be to like someone?"
I like this question!

"25."


"What?!!?? Is that the law?"

Oh, my goodness this is far too much fun.




"Cute Lexi, there is no law that says what age you have to be to like someone."



"Oh, then what age do you say we can like someone."

"25."

"Mom!"

"Ok, 16. :) Why do you like someone right now?"

"No."
Good! Keep it that way!





Thanks to Gma Akina and my lovely Alexia for a very enjoyable day.


Thank you to my dear sister for helping me out with my other kids.....again.
Rob is on his way home from Hawaii. Yup, it's true. More details to come.

A sample of Dylan's prayer tonight....

"Thank you that we could find the puzzle pieces. They blended into the puzzle."
"Please help me and Lexi to learn lots of Spanish
. "
They are both in the Spanish immersion program at school. Love it!

"Please help us to be good for mom and dad. "
Yes!




Sure love my kiddos!

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

So cute! I love the conversation about dating between you and Lex. I CAN'T BELIEVE Parker will be able to date in four years. Woah. My mind is being blown right now.