I've really appreciated the time I've spent with you this season. My family and I have spent hours in your fun fluffy white stuff.
We've played.
And played.
Parker even attempted to become an angel!
Oh, but the moment past....
Our lovely Little Lady was a good sport when we dressed her up like she should belong in the movie "The Christmas Story."
You generously blessed us with blankets of glorious white for the holidays. Christmas just wouldn't be the same without the beautiful white.
Your freshly fallen snow is always a magnificent sight.
But Mr. Winter, I'm sorry to say that it is time for you to say goodbye. It is time for your cold deceptive sun to be replaced by Spring's warm inviting sun. My daffodiles and tulips are poking there lovely greens up above the cold ground. The birds are singing in my trees anxiously awaiting Springtime.
It is time for me to open my windows to let fresh air in and the cold germs out. It is time for me to put away my black boots and pull out my sandals. The sandbox is calling my children's names. Do you hear it?
We had our very first backyard hot dog roast of the season last weekend. Yes, even hot dogs are tasty when cooked on an open fire. We finished up our meal with melt-in-our-mouth-s'mores. Oh, how I've missed them! It is time for me to stock my pantry with an array of s'more roasting goodies.
Our grill is missing us. We've only used it a couple of times this cold season. It is time to make our grill and tummies happy again with delectable juicy morsels.
Mr. Winter, please don't be sad. It's just part of life. I do appreciate you. Your priceless snow provides us with much needed water to get us through those hot dry months. We'll look forward to seeing you again for the holidays. I'll be anxious to see you then and to play in your fun fluffy white flakes with my children again.
Good bye for now!
Sincerely,
Jamie
2 comments:
Yes! Yes,....a thousand times YES! Spring needs to come.
As my little Nyah would say...It is still brrr frweezin' mommy. :)
Great post Jamie! I hear ya.
Post a Comment