My doctor was out of town, which I knew before hand. The nurse reminded us that with this delivery being a VBAC (my third VBAC), my deliveries are considered "high risk". She consulted with the on call doc at the clinic and got the go ahead to start pitocin. The nurse kindly, and as gently as she could, also had to remind me that a c-section still might be needed (precautionary measures). In my mind I did my best not to let those words psyche me out.
At about noon, pitocin was started. I wasn't set on getting an epidural. However, at about 3:30 opted for one. When time came to push and the doc came in, it was discovered that our baby girl was sunny side up.
What?!
That's when I had to again force the word "c-section" out of my mind.
The doc handled the situation marvelously. With every push, he was able to turn Aliyah a little bit at a time to get her into the proper position.
This is when I was extremely happy that I got the epidural!
With the baby in position, we were able to welcome her into our arms just a few pushes later. At 5:21 p.m. our precious Aliyah Leilani was born.
This is the first baby I've had near family. It has been nice that they can be more involved than with my previous babies.
We've received an abundance of love and support from family and friends that I am extremely grateful for. Meals, gifts, meals, and gifts. Friends that have Dyl over while the older two are at school allowing me to have quality alone time with Aliyah, or with my pillow.
Flowers to beauty my home.....
Decadent chocolates to indulge .............
MANY thanks to those near and dear to my heart.
I am savoring every minute with this little precious soul.
4 comments:
Jamie she is gorgeous!
such a beautiful girl! I'm glad it all turned out.
she is simply beautiful!!!
Seriously, Jamie, she is soooo pretty! I'm so glad your doctor got her turned for you!
Post a Comment