Sunday, July 19, 2009

Ocean Air

As soon as we got to the coast and could see the ocean, we stopped to soak it all in.


My brother and his family also stopped here. They had gotten there before us and were already enjoying the sea breeze when we got there. We parked our car by them, got out and put on our jackets, and as we started to walk towards the ocean, Parker stops. He sniffs my brother's car, and says "Mom, why does Uncle Nate's car smell like tuna?"

I exploded into laughter and when I got my breath back, I asked Parker, "Do you really think it's the car? Or maybe the ocean?"

He smiled and agreed, the tuna smell was coming from the ocean.



This is the house we stayed in. We loved enjoying the ocean on the balconies.

This was our fabulous view. Yup. Spoiled, I know.

Starr Creek ran on the side of the house we rented and trickled out into the ocean. It was a perfect play spot for the kids. One giant sand box + an endless water supply = hours of fun!



We didn't waste much time before we hit the beach. Who needs sun to enjoy the coast?

The house we stayed in had a good supply of sand toys and this kite which got lots of use.


Dylan and Lexi were quick to start jumping the waves.


This sequence of pictures is really quite comical.


Dylan's falling.....

and falling......



I, of course, being the busy photographer, didn't move very fast to rescue him.
Dyl broke out into tears, was "freezing cold" and was done jumping the waves for the day.



The kids loved exploring the "Pirate Cave" they discovered.


They marked their territory (along with the bunch of other territorial markers inscribed in the sand cliff).








Unfortunately, the sand cliff wasn't the only thing around showing cracks......

7 comments:

Kristen Campbell said...

K, so Parker's comment and Lexi's crack problem made me laugh. Great memories. I'm glad you shared cause I was about to call you and ask where the pictures were. :-)

MandaJ said...

I love the pictures. Looks like you had a great/relaxing family trip.

Angie said...

How fun! So many adventures. I love the location and the cracks. :)

Karen and Adam said...

Jamie, you are the funniest person! I laughed out loud at the pictures of Dylan falling and of the cracks. :) Looks like such a fun trip!!

Lisa Sprague said...

You have great posts! That's all I have to say!

Becca said...

I LOVE the bum shot. Thank you for sharing all the family stuff. It does the heart good. You are the best. And I miss your family to pieces!!!! I wish I could be there for you to watch your kids while you get ready to birth another gorgeous girl... I am just a plane ride away if the family, all of the family doesn't work out. K?

Britt said...

Lexi is going to HATE that picture in 10 years! I love that you posted it though. Evil! You need to post a picture of Dyl wearing his pants backwards...