I'm a bit late in posting about P Diddy's birthday celebration. He turned the big 9 on December 10th. Dylan, Lexi and I joined Parker for lunch at school.
That night we went on a hay ride to see Christmas lights at a city park. Bbbbuuurrrr!
Refreshments were waiting for us inside after the hay ride. Cookies and hot chocolate hit the spot on a cold night!
Also waiting inside, was good ol' St. Nick!
After the lights, Parker requested Red Robin's for dinner. YUM!
Free, tasty and plenty for all of us. That's a great combination.
After our stomaches were completely stuffed we rolled out to the car and headed home for more birthday fun. Parker opened presents and of course got to throw darts at balloons to reveal what his family loves about him. It's tradition!
As if that wasn't enough partying for one birthday..... A couple days later, Parker celebrated at good ol' Chuck E. Cheese with some friends.
Ok. This is the end of my Chuck E. Cheese plug.
Parker requested this race track for his cake. He hand selected the cars from his own collection.
Parker requested this race track for his cake. He hand selected the cars from his own collection.
Some things about Parker that make me smile:
1. You can always tell when Parker was the last one to use a spray bottle of any type. Rather than the "normal" spray function, the bottle sprays in full force stream mode. Windex, 409 or a water bottle, whatever it might be, he loves the power.
2. Parker really enjoys reading. What parent wouldn't L-O-V-E this trait in their child! Just the other day Parker said to me, "Mom, reading is my favorite thing to do! Oh, wait! Maybe playing games." (As in Wii, computer etc.) " "No, it's reading. Or maybe......" I really don't remember what he finally decided on. But he is definitely a book dabbler.
2. Parker really enjoys reading. What parent wouldn't L-O-V-E this trait in their child! Just the other day Parker said to me, "Mom, reading is my favorite thing to do! Oh, wait! Maybe playing games." (As in Wii, computer etc.) " "No, it's reading. Or maybe......" I really don't remember what he finally decided on. But he is definitely a book dabbler.
3. Parker's tender side doesn't come out as often as I'd like. He's more of a loud rambunctious type (I'm not being rude, it's the truth! See number 4). When I do see his tender side, it simply melts my heart. I love that he still likes a bed time song. 99.9% of the time, he requests Rudolph. Yes, as in the red nosed reindeer. He also loves a gentle caressing tickle on his back during his bedtime song. My all time favorite tender moments with Parker, is when he is being a kind and loving brother.
4. Parker's labor and delivery was a scary one. He was in the NICU for 10 days. On a breathing tube for the first bit. Thankfully, he was born to survive. He is stubborn and strong willed. I have to remind myself daily this could be a good thing if channeled in the right direction.
Parker, you make us SMILE.
XOXO
6 comments:
Love that cake. My kids would die if they knew you had a Chuck E. Cheese, we are sorely without, and they miss it.
That looks like one great birthday!
What a cute boy! We like Parker at our house. I love that Peri and Parker are such good buds!
Tell Lexi I love her hair. That picture of Parker with the stack of ice cream is a riot.
What a fun birthday for him! Gosh... I think his birthday never really ended! Lucky boy and great job on the cake!
I'm glad he is part of the cool crowd and knows that Red Robin is awesome!! Great choice Bud!
Post a Comment