Sunday, June 27, 2010

For the Love of May

I like June.

But May is even better.

May is good to me. I get to celebrate Mother's Day and my birthday.





Mother's Day is a day filled with many wonderful things.

No cooking. No cleaning. Much relaxing.

My Roberto spoils me with lots of delish food.
And of course, there's always the tender homemade gifts from the kids.


Then there's my birthday. I'm not one of those people that dreds their birthday. Don't get me wrong, I don't enjoy the fact that I get older.
Celebrating my birthday is still good times.
Lunch with my mom and a couple of sisters while a dear friend watches my kiddos. Not having to worry about "What's for dinner?". Children who are just as excited to watch me open presents as I am to open them. And of course, a fabulous hubby who always does a great job of planning.
This year, my Roberto surprised me with a "Minute to Win It" party. (What's "Minute to Win It" you ask? A fun game show that my fam enjoys watching together. Definitely worth checking out.)







He even incorporated one of our beloved family birthday traditions......with a twist.

My dear friends wrote very kind words about me and put them in balloons to be popped.
Well, look what was behind those balloons.....
Whoa Nelly! What a beauty! (Am I really posting this for all of you to see?? I must be crazy.)

Many thanks to my love for fun times. Can't wait for next May!

It's a good life.

3 comments:

The Hiller Family said...

I miss my dear Jamie friend!! I wish you a late Mother's day and Birthday!!
You are an amazing woman!

Karen and Adam said...

JAMIE! You are AWESOME! I think we may have had the same glasses as youngsters...no wonder I like you! :) Seriously, I wish we still worked together...I always love chatting with you and hearing what you have to say about things. Happy Late Birthday!

Melanie said...

Happy Late B-day Jamie D!!!