Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Bit of Heaven

A mother's love is limitless. Words cannot express the love a mother has for her family.

(Many thanks to my kind sis-in-law for the amazing pics.)

When I was pregnant with Lexi, like other mothers, I worried. I wondered how on earth my heart and soul was capable of loving another child like I loved my first.
With each birth, somehow, my capacity to love grew. Amazingly, I was able to love each new baby as much as the first. A new space developed in my soul to adore another child.

Aliyah has been no exception. I look at her daily and say out loud, "How did I get so lucky?"
She is an amazing little soul. The love that she has brought with her gives me a glimpse of what heaven is like.
We have a little bit of heaven in our own home. Love and feelings that I wish I could bottle up and set on my shelves next to my home bottled pears, grape juice, and applesauce.
The first time I gave Aliyah a sponge bath, I cried. I was overcome with feelings of gratitude. Gratitude towards my Father in heaven for allowing this perfect, healthy soul to come into my family. Gratitude for the love that she created in our home. Thankful that I get to be her mother.

Aliyah wore this precious dress on her blessing day. This dress was handmade by her great-grandma Alta. Her Grandma Marie wore it. Her Aunt CarrieLyn and cousin Sophie wore it. Lexi even wore it.
A precious dress for a very precious spirit.
Thank you my lovely little Aliyah for giving us a taste of heaven.

3 comments:

Karen and Adam said...

Well, thanks for making me blubber before lunch, miss Jamie! Seriously, what an awesome post! I love how well you put every mom's feelings into words. And I LOVE these pictures of your beautiful family! Can you believe our tiny precious little babies are getting so big??

Lisa Sprague said...

Beautifully said.

MandaJ said...

Cute cute pics Jamie. Of course it's easy with such a cute cute family. Thanks for the uplifting post!