I, of course, get the question "How do you feel?" Honestly, crappy! I've been more blunt and honest with my replies this time. Apparently, with this being the fourth, my tendencies to be inconspicuous with how I'm feeling aren't as strong. Yes, with all my pregnancies I get sick. Just like so many other women. Whoever created the term "morning sickness" is so off! Try 24/7 sickness. People say, "Oh good, you're almost done with your first trimester then you'll start feeling better!" Unfortunately, my 24/7 sickness (this term will now replace "morning sickness" on this blog) doesn't end after the first trimester. Nope. It stays with me the whole 9 months. It might taper off here and there, but it's always hiding around the corner. However, with each pregnancy my running to the sink or porcelain thrown lessens. Instead of expelling my insides multiple times a day like I did with Parker, now it's just multiple times a week. So that's encouraging! Also, with this pregnancy I seem to get some type of a sickness on top of my 24/7 nausea. It started with strep, then the worse case of diarrhea I have ever had, and now two awful colds back to back. Next, it will be spring time allergies. I can't wait.
This 24/7 sickness is causing me to fall very behind on life. My house is disgusting. My Valentine's present to Rob still isn't finished. I forget to make phone calls. I don't just sit around all day, by any means. I'm just moving very slowly, at turtle speed. And not functioning as well as before. Nonetheless, my occasional good days will come. And until then, I have amazing friends who have already been helping me out. Some will call and take my kids, and one dear friend brought me a fabulous meal last night. It was HEAVENLY! Not only is it difficult to eat, but by the time I prepare food and sit down to eat it, I pretty much have to force it down. It is so much easier to eat food that I didn't have to prepare.
Alrighty then! Enough of my whining, right?
We are very excited to be able to bring another precious baby into our family. I feel so blessed to be able to bring babies into this world. Not being able to have babies is not a challenge that Rob and I have had to face in life. I feel for my dear friends and family that do have that challenge. This pregnancy took us longer to get started than all the others. I just had one teeny tiny glimpse of what it might be like.
So when you come to my house and see that a tornado has gone off in every single room, you now know why.:)
18 comments:
Congrats! I have been wondering when you were going to make an announcement. Only because you had mentioned that you guys wanted another one and then on Sunday you mentioned that you weren't going to camp. Suspicious! I'm sorry you don't feel good. I hate being pregnant.
Congratulations! I'm so oblivious, I guess I could have figured it out had I paid attention, duh! I'm so happy for you guys. I'm sure Lexi is hoping for a little sister. Let me know if I can help you out at all. Dylan can come play at my house if you feel like you need a break/nap.
Congrats! I hope you really do feel better though! :]
Congrats! I love how you told people...so cute and so creative! I am glad you have a blog! I will add you to my blog list so I can check yours out!!!
Congratulations!! You guys really do have the cutest family...it'll be so fun to see what Donigan baby looks like! But I'm so sorry you get so darn sick! I manage to complain and move like a snail, and I really don't feel sick much at all! Well, I'm excited for September for you!!!
That is awesome! Congrats!
Wow - you guys have such a beautiful family - Congratulations!!! Sorry you are sick - I totally understand the 24/7 sickness....that's what I use to call it too.
The only things I can say is, at least you weren't puking all through Thanksgiving & Christmas! I don't recomend that!
I will be more than happy to do whatever I can for you now that mine is slightly getting better! please let me know!!
And... Congratulations! I am one one kind of knew, but was just waiting and waiting!! It will be so much fun to have so many babies in YW!! ha ha Poor Sis. Later!
Yeah. Congratulations. I'm sorry you are so sick.
Oh I am so sorry that you are sick, but I am very excited for you!!! I am going to be there the next girls night and I am excited to see you!!! Take care, luv your guts dave!!!!!!! lol
Yay! I'm so proud to be one of the friends you TOTALLY lied to! Ha! I'm so excited for your family, you have such cute babies. I still owe you magazines, babysitting, treats, a craft, etc. so I'll be calling! Love ya
happy baby!! Congratulations! I feel your pain with the 24/7. I'm 17 weeks now and it has gotten better, but is not gone. The fatigue and exhaustion are what have me now.
Good luck to you and congrats again!! We're very happy for you!
I'm not sure I've had a chance to say congratulations yet. We are so happy for you. And for us of course to have another niece, or nephew. Billy said the funniest thing today. He said you better not have a girl cause your kids are too darn cute, you're already going to have your work cut out with Lexi. You might not be able to handle two of them.
Congrats! How fun for you guys to have another little one! Your kiddos are too cute, and I'm sure this one will be too.
Hi Jamie,
I just happened onto your blog from Becca's and saw your happy news! Hang in there! At least you're closer to family this time!
Also, really cute T-shirts!
Congrats!!!! I was reading your 25 things note on facebook and was SO surprised! Anyway, I'm happy for you and I'm so sorry that you feel so yucky. Just think about how sweet your new baby will be!!
Congratulations! I love the shirts that is so fun. Now your kids will really have to come over and play for a day to give you a little break.
Post a Comment